Friday, July 18, 2008

Chipotle's Vegan Black Beans

Lunch at Chipotle yesterday was weird. I figured I'd get a veggie burrito. This all went wrong, but that's ok. Their black beans are vegan - cooked with no animal products. However I wasn't in the mood for black beans so I requested pinto. The staffer there informed me that the pinto beans are cooked with bacon. Um, no wonder they're so good! Well, no worries. I don't mind that my beans have touched bacon. So then they inform me that they're out of the fajita veggies so my veggie burrito is basically, rice, beans (bacon fat), salsa, cheese, & guac. I got so flustered that I requested sour cream to make up for the missing veggies!

I ended up having a small bite of the Kid's carnitas. I love carnitas!

Dinner was pasta salad and a kings hawaiian roll. Man, those are good! So soft and warm.

No accidental ingestion of tofu.

No comments: