Monday, July 14, 2008

Hippie Chick! Is it "hippy" or "hippie"?

I'm never sure if you spell it with a "y" or an "ie". According to Wikipedia it's "ie". So I'm a Hippie Chick!! Groovy!!! Oddly enough on the same day I started trying to eat Vegetarian, I also stopped shaving my legs. For completely unrelated reasons, just a coincidence. I ordered an epilator (aka: hair-ripper-outer) that day and I know my leg hair has to be a little longer for it to work properly. So I have stopped shaving until it arrives. Unfortch for me, the ebay seller was on vacation so it didn't ship right away. So now I'm getting a little fuzzy here!

I'm going to the thrift shop today for some birks and a gauzey tye-dyed skirt, listening to Janis Joplin, and embracing my inner hippie chick!

Oh - and the husband is apparently growing a moustache. I tried to tell him the Village People are NOT recruiting, but oh well. I did tell him I'm not shaving my legs until he shaves his lip!

Part of the reason I'm ordering the hair-ripper-outer is environmental. I'm tired of throwing out so many razors and I'm also stunned by how much they cost these days.

And BTW - the Chicken Caesar Salad was by far the best I've ever had last night. Thank you Jamie Oliver! So, back to the veggies today!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yesterday I was pretty much veggie, accidentally, but I have those days where I just don't want chicken. Last night at dinner I got bullied into eating some chicken, but I seriously had to bites and gave my friend the rest of her chicken back. It wasn't as good as my tortilla espanola and black bean soup!