Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 2 - Tuesday July 8th

Ah - Breakfast. Quite possibly the easiest meal to go meatless. Once you put aside your dreams of bacon, sausage, or ham with your eggs. (or steak, corned beef, and any other meat ever consumed with eggs)

Anyways. There are so many meatless breakfast options. Cold cereal, hot cereal, yogurt, fruit, various toasted bread products, smoothies, and all the unmentionable things that I shouldn't eat like pop tarts, toaster struedel, donuts, cakes, and assorted yummy pastries. Mmmmm, pastry.

This morning I opt for Morning Star Farms Breakfast Starters Classic Scramble. This is a D to the E to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S (fergalicious in my head) blend of red potatoes, veggie sausage, green and red peppers, and onions. Cook (fry) this in a pan with olive oil and then scramble in an egg. Serve with toasted whole grain english muffin and green tobasco sauce. Viola! I shouldn't be hungry for hours! Oddly enough I really like the little bits of fake sauasage in here. Who knew?

So - my day is off to a good start. No to contemplate lunch and dinner. Lunch. Hmm, tater tots? that box of stove top stuffing looks good. I ended up making ww couscous with sundried tomatoes, garlic, and a chiffanade of basil. I did cook the whole mess in liquid chicken (broth). Sorry little chicken. Technically I am going lacto-ovo so is this really that far removed from the egg? At least I didn't chew any chicken. And besides, I have to use up the broth that I have.

I'm realizing that I'm really not well prepared for vegetarian meals and that I need to go grocery shopping. I have pasta and some veggies. Brown rice. So, I guess I can make do for a few days. Thinking I'll make something Pasta-ish for dinner - but I'm really craving a carnitas bowl from Chipotle, or maybe the nacho fries from Ramero's!

No comments: