Friday, July 18, 2008

Confessions....

OK, so I ate a few pieces of pepperoni tonite. It looked and smelled soooo good! I ordered a mushroom and onion pizza and also a pepperoni pizza for the family. Funny thing was, even though the pepperoni smelled wonderful? It really didn't taste that great. On the other hand, the mushrooms were really good! I blame the pepperoni tasting on the weakened state I was in due to the fabulous Australian Shiraz I was drinking at the time. Booze always makes me easy!

And on a completely unrelated topic, it seems I'm doomed in life to be perpetually behind some idiot with no real urgency to get where they are going. WTF people? WALK!!! It's not that hard to continue on at a steady pace without rubbernecking and wandering all over the place in front of me when I'm trying to get somewhere! Here's a thought, look ahead. Take in all the interesting stuff as you see it ahead so I won't have to slam into the back of you when you come to a halt to look at something to your side! If you see it in advance, you can veer over! Have you ever heard of peripheral vision?

Same goes for driving. Am I the only person on the planet who still uses a turn signal?

Done ranting. Need more wine.

3 comments:

Patty said...

You and I must be the only 2 people left who use turn signals.

Today I was following a truck. At an intersection it stopped, for no reason that I could see. I waited and then honked lightly. Nothing. I waited and then honked again. (It's considered rude here to honk.) FINALLY, the asshole turned on his left turn signal. Then, he looked at me in his mirror and threw up his left hand like WTF? I rolled down my window and yelled at him, "Use your turn signal!"

I guess he thought he didn't need to turn it on before he actually turned, because he knew where he was going, and I'm obviously a mind reader.

Christine said...

Word to the wise--don't move to Richmond. They don't like to use turn signals here.

GirlyBob said...

I HATE people who SLAM on their breaks seconds before they want to turn.

Hello, I don't want my front bumper on your back bumper butthead!